UK: OFT clears Greene King, Hardys deal
UK competition watchdogs have given the green light to Greene King's proposed acquisition of brewer and pub group Hardys and Hansons.
The country's Office of Fair Trading said yesterday (18 July) that it had decided not to refer the acquisition to the country's Competition Commission.
In June, Greene King announced a GBP270m (US$498.7m) recommended offer for Hardys & Hansons, which operates pub outlets in the East Midlands.
A Greene King spokesman told just-drinks today that the acquisition should be sealed during September.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages