Product Launch - US: Offbeat Brands' Slices Sangria
Click through to view Offbeat Brands' Slices Sangria
Offbeat Brands' Slices Sangria
Category - Wine and fruit juice RTD, 8.5% abv
Available - From this week
Location - US, initially in 30 states and eventually nation-wide
Price - US$10.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Offbeat Brands
Offbeat Brands has released its range of ready-to-drink Sangria Slices in the US.
Offbeat also owns Jellybean Wines, which it released in May.
July 16, 2012
OFFbeat Brands Launches Slices Sangria from Spain
Petaluma, Calif. -- OFFbeat Brands has launched Slices Sangria, a new line of authentic, premium Sangrias from Spain. Made with a proprietary recipe that combines traditional Spanish varietal wines with all natural fruit juices, Slices Sangrias are fresh, fruity, easy-to-drink wines that are perfect for casual occasions such as picnics, parties and barbecues. With colorful, contemporary packaging typical of the modern graphic arts movement in Spain, Slices Sangria wines include a Red Wine Sangria, White Wine Sangria, Rosé Wine Sangria, Sparkling White Sangria and Sparkling Rosé Sangria. The wines are line priced at $10.99 (SRP).
“Slices is a modern interpretation of Sangria, made for people looking for flavor and a level of sophistication that hasn’t been available in this category until now,” says Mike Kenton, founder and CEO of OFFbeat Brands, which launched Jellybean Wines earlier this year. “Using real fruit juices instead of flavor essences means there’s a significant step-up in taste and character in these wines. We think consumers are going to appreciate this difference.”
Slices Sangrias are made using traditional Spanish wine grape varieties such as Tempranillo, vinifying them to preserve freshness and fruit flavor, and then combining them with juices made from natural fruits such as lemons, limes, oranges, pineapples, strawberries and blackberries. The wines are crafted by Spanish winemaker Miguel Gurpide, a 40-year veteran of enology and viticulture who was Technical Director of Codorniu Group for over 25 years.
About OFFbeat Brands
Launched in 2012, OFFbeat Brands is poised to quickly penetrate the U.S. market with wines and spirits specifically targeted to Millennial and Generation X consumers looking for beverage brands to enhance and complement their modern lifestyles. Founded by wine industry executive and entrepreneur Mike Kenton in partnership with European wine executive Xavier Batlle, the company comprises brands created and wholly-owned by the company, including Jellybean Wines, introduced in April 2012, and Slices Sangria. It also represents a small number of hand-selected international wine properties under its Luxury Estates & Domains division. OFFBeat Brands is based in Petaluma, California with offices at 1304 Southpoint Boulevard, Ste., 240, Petaluma, CA 94954. Phone: (707) 897-3001. The company website can be found at www.offbeatbrands.com.
# # #
Original source: http://www.offbeatbrands.com/
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review