JAPAN: Oenon sales lift, targets sake acquisition
Oenon Holdings is looking to acquire a controlling stake in Kitanohomare Sake Brewing Co., according to local reports.
Oenon Holdings, which is the parent company of sake producer Godo Shusei Co., is apparently looking to up its holding in Kitanohomare from 7.7% to 68.6%, Nikkei Report said today (9 February). Citing an industry source, the news service said that Oenon will make the move by the end of next month, at an expected cost of around JPY500m (US$4.1m).
Kitanohomare, a producer of locally brewed sake in Otaru, Hokkaido, posted sales of about JPY1bn in fiscal 2005, Nikkei Report noted.
Separately, Oenon today posted a slight fall in sales for 2006. Group sales for the year came in at JPY73bn from JPY76.32bn in 2005. Net profit also slid to JPY883m from JPY1.25bn.
The company is targeting sales of JPY77bn in 2007, with net profit forecast to come in at JPY1bn.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part III: Soft Drinks
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018