US: Ocean Spray ties up with Pepsi
Ocean Spray and PepsiCo have formed a long-term strategic alliance in the US and Canada.
It means Pepsi-Cola North America will market, bottle and distribute single-serve cranberry juice products under the Ocean Spray name.
Pepsi-Cola North America president and CEO Dawn Hudson said: "This is a chance for both PepsiCo and Ocean Spray to turn up the dialogue on the health benefits of cranberries.
"Over the past several years, we've built successful, mutually beneficial partnerships with strong brands like Lipton and Starbucks, and now we plan to work side-by-side with Ocean Spray to create a major healthy refreshment business focused on cranberries. When people think of cranberries, they think of Ocean Spray."
The integration of single-serve juices into the Pepsi system will begin in 2007.
Ocean Spray President and CEO Randy Papadellis said: "As the Ocean Spray cooperative moves to build its brand, we are seeking out alliances to reach consumers more broadly and powerfully than ever before."
On-shelf impact, convenience, shelf-life, brand loyalty and increasingly environmental credentials all factor into the packaging choice for soft drinks brands. Moreover, writes Annette Farr, when it c...
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
PepsiCo has lined up a worldwide marketing campaign for its Pepsi-Cola cans, starting next month....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has secured the distribution and bottling rights to three Cadbury Schweppes brands in Northern California....
PepsiCo has dismissed a claim from a former employee that it evaded import duties totalling over US$100m....
PepsiCo's acquisition of self-styled super premium juice producer Naked Juice Co. has been completed....
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has warned that volume growth will be slower in 2007 than this year....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends