US: Ocean Spray rejects sale plans - reports
Ocean Spray, the cranberry juice cooperative, has abandoned plans to sell the business because of the opposition of shareholders, the Daily Deal reported today.
According to the report, Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc on Monday confirmed it had rejected a sale and is now considering just a joint venture.
"The only joint ventures being considered are where the partner would have a minority stake," Chris Phillips, spokesman for Ocean Spray, was quoted saying.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts