US: Ocean Spray prepares Cranergy for US
Ocean Spray has launched a line of vitamin-infused energy drinks in the US.
Cranergy Energy Juice Drinks contain real cranberry juice blended with B-vitamins, vitamin C and green tea extract, the company confirmed late last week.
"The launch of Cranergy not only marks our entrance into the energy drink category," says Ocean Spray Chief operating officer Ken Romanzi, "it is the first ever energy beverage to hit the juice aisles."
Priced at around US$4, Cranergy comes in two flavours: Cranberry Lift and Raspberry Cranberry Lift. Splenda sweetened with 35 calories per eight-ounce serving, it will be available next month across the US, in 46oz plastic bottles or 12oz four-packs.
"In developing Cranergy," said Romanzi, "we sought to combine naturally energising ingredients with our popular cranberry juice products to provide a solution for those looking for extra energy while maintaining a healthy, low-calorie diet."
AG Barr last week took one step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan brand owner as it snapped up tropical fruit juice group Rubicon on Tuesday (5 August)....
Functional drinks may be a relatively recent phenomenon in many markets but they are certainly nothing new in Japan where 'genki' energy drinks have been enthusiastically consumed for decades. Moreove...
Hansen Natural has said profits increased 35% in its first half, but the group warned of rising raw materials costs and a slowing energy drink market in the US....
Speculation is growing that Cadbury Schweppes intends to sell its Australian soft drinks arm, after it announced a review of the business this week....
Coca-Cola Hellenic has posted a slide in profits for its half-year, despite lifting sales in what the company has described as a "difficult trading environment"....
A natural energy drink provocatively named Pussy, and currently being re-launched in the UK, has stirred up complaints after featuring on a popular television show....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has acquired a minority stake in Hydrive Energy in the US....
Energy drink manufacturer DC Brands International has appointed Ashley Coors as national director of distributor sales....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research