USA: Ocean Spray Names Former Cadbury Executive VP of New Product Development
As the newest member of the company's executive team, Johnson reports directly to President and Chief Operating Officer Randy Papadellis, the former Welch's marketing chief who joined Ocean Spray in July. Chief Executive Officer Rob Hawthorne and Chief Financial Officer Tim Chan, both Pillsbury veterans, joined the grower cooperative earlier this year.
"In the next few years, the introduction of new products and innovative ideas will play an important role in building the Ocean Spray brand," said Papadellis. "Karl Johnson has the experience and strategic business capability to develop new ideas sure to delight our customers."
At Dr.Pepper/Cadbury, Johnson spent seven years in marketing and strategic business positions in various beverage channels, as well as with Cadbury's Mott's USA division. There he developed and led an alternative market structure for several beverage brands outside the conventional distribution system.
Prior to that, Johnson held product and marketing positions with PepsiCo, Inc., managing new products, single serve product lines, and vending businesses for Frito-Lay, Inc., and new products/concept development for KFC.
Johnson, most recently Vice President and Management Director of Foote Cone and Belding in Chicago, was responsible for over $100 million in consumer accounts, including such leading brands as Gatorade/Quaker Oats, Sara Lee, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
In his new role at Ocean Spray, Johnson will oversee the new product development division, a business unit formed earlier this year to focus solely on developing business channels and new product innovations.
Johnson holds a bachelor's degree in finance from Babson College in Massachusetts.Ocean Spray is the number-one brand of canned and bottled juice drinks in the U.S. Formed in 1930, the cooperative is made up of 804 cranberry growers from Massachusetts, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and other parts of Canada, as well as 126 Florida grapefruit growers. For more information on Ocean Spray, visit us on the web: http://www.oceanspray.com.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review