US: Ocean Spray debuts energy drink
Ocean Spray has extended its range of beverages to include an energy drink. The North American cooperative said the drinks will be available from Match, across the US.
Cranergy Energy Juice Drink, which contains green tea extract, is available in two flavours - Cranberry Lift and Raspberry Cranberry Lift - both made with real fruit juice from Ocean Spray cranberries.
The drinks will be found in 46-ounce plastic bottles or 12-ounce four-packs for "on-the-go" consumption at the suggested retail price of US$3.99.
The drink contains only 35 calories per eight-ounce serving.
Ocean Spray is an agricultural cooperative owned by more than 600 cranberry growers in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and other parts of Canada as well as more than 50 Florida grapefruit growers.
Ocean Spray posted fiscal 2006 earnings of roughly $1.5 billion.
Sectors: Soft drinks
AG Barr last week took one step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan brand owner as it snapped up tropical fruit juice group Rubicon on Tuesday (5 August)....
PepsiCo has declined to comment on reports that it has begun talks with potential new bottlers in Australia....
Consumer demand for natural products has sparked a new generation of energy drinks, according to new research....
French food giant Danone has confirmed that its New Zealand soft drinks arm, Frucor, is under review, following speculation that a sale is imminent....
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are ethical drinks according to recent research....
Hansen Natural has said profits increased 35% in its first half, but the group warned of rising raw materials costs and a slowing energy drink market in the US....
Speculation is growing that Cadbury Schweppes intends to sell its Australian soft drinks arm, after it announced a review of the business this week....
Coca-Cola Hellenic has posted a slide in profits for its half-year, despite lifting sales in what the company has described as a "difficult trading environment"....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research