US: Ocean Spray Cranberries elects new chairman
Ocean Spray has 15 directors on its board
Ocean Spray Cranberries has appointed a Canadian cranberry grower as its new chairman.
Peter Dhillon, who has been on the company's board for 11 years, was elected last month, Ocean Spray said yesterday (2 April). He replaces Francis Podvin, who served as chairman for eight years.
Dhillon, a cranberry grower from British Columbia, was previously the board's vice chairman. He also served on the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games organizing committee.
“Peter has been an important voice on the board since he joined in 2003,” said Randy Papadellis, Ocean Spray’s president and CEO. “As an experienced member of the board with tremendous knowledge of the cranberry business, I am confident that under his leadership, the board will continue to uphold its commitment to our grower-owners and help us navigate opportunities to promote growth across our business.”
Ocean Spray’s board of directors has 15 members, including Papadellis. Thirteen board members are grower-owners. The cooperative’s 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers elect the board of directors.
Ocean Spray claims to be the world’s leading producer of cranberry juices, juice drinks and dried cranberries and the best-selling brand in the North American bottled juice category.
Last year it created the post of global CMO as it targeted expansion around the world.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends