US: Ocean Spray completes plant expansion
Ocean Spray, the cranberry producer and processor, has completed the expansion of its Wisconsin Rapids production facility.
The expansion, which has seen the plant double in size to 440,000sq.ft, makes the facility the largest cranberry processing plant in the world, Ocean Spray claimed.
Total investment in the expansion programme, including energy and environmental efficiency technologies, has been more than US$90m over the last three years, Ocean Spray said.
Ocean Spray chairman, Francis Podvin, said: "With the talented and dedicated people at this plant and the local grower community, we will continue to strengthen our brand and focus our resources on innovation, creativity and creating additional demand for our products."
President and CEO Randy Papadellis said that "the Ocean Spray brand is stronger than ever", and added that the expansion programme would create extra jobs in the area.
Ocean Spray is an agricultural cooperative formed by Massachusetts cranberry growers 75 years ago. It generated turnover of around US$1.7bn in 2007.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- PepsiCo US to replace aspartame in Diet Pepsi
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets