US: Ocean Spray appoints R&D chief
Ocean Spray has tapped the former Pepsi R&D chief to help lead an innovation push. The company said that it has chosen Dr Geoffrey Woolford to help write its brand's recipe.
Woolford joins the company as vice president of research and development, to fill the position left by the retired Y. Steve Henig. He will report to Ken Romanzi, senior VP and chief operating officer of Ocean Spray's domestic business.
"As we pursue our vision of putting Ocean Spray - in one product form or another - in every household in the US, we're going to need large and equal parts of marketing know-how and scientific excellence," said Romanzi. "Geoff Woolford brings both to the table."
Woolford, a native of the UK who began his career at Quaker Oats in the late 1970s, was involved in Pepsi's "total beverage company" strategy in the 1980s and 1990s.
Among other successes, he led the development of Aquafina, the number-one brand of bottled water in the US. He oversaw all product innovations and introductions for Pepsi's domestic brands, including Lipton Iced Tea, Frappucino Iced Coffee, All Sport sports drink, Pepsi One, Fruitworks Juice drinks and various carbonated fruit-flavoured sodas.
After 14 years with Pepsi, Woolford was recruited in 1999 to Mead Johnson Nutritionals, where he led a series of innovations in infant formulas, other nutritional products and speciality packaging.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends