INDIA: Ocean Spray appoints Asia Pacific MD
Ocean Spray has high hopes for Asia Pacific, particularly China and India
Ocean Spray Cooperative is looking to Asia Pacific for growth with the appointment of a managing director for the region.
The US-based cooperative of 700 cranberry growers said earlier this week that it has promoted Arun Hiranandani to the role. Hiranandani, who has been with Ocean Spray for the past 11 years, will be responsible for all of its existing Asia-Pacific branded business operations with a focus on “further expanding the market for Ocean Spray’s food and beverage products into India and China”, the group said.
Hiranandani has spent the last three years in the company's agriculture supply group as director of cooperative development.
“Ocean Spray’s Global Partners division (which operates outside the US) accounts for about US$430m in revenues and is expected to double over the next five years with a lot of that growth expected to come from new Asia Pacific markets,” the group added.
“As Ocean Spray continues to grow, we are looking to introduce more markets to … cranberry,” said Randy Papadellis, Ocean Spray's president and CEO. “We are pleased to have Arun leading our expansion into India and China– which make up more than one-third of the world’s population.”
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends