UKRAINE: Obolon looks to Germany for acquisition
The Ukrainian brewer Obolon is reported to be looking to acquire a brewery in Germany in the next two years, as part of its plan to expand internationally.
Reports in the local press quoted Obolon's honorary president, Oleksandr Slobodian, as saying that seven medium-sized breweries are presently being considered.
Obolon is still seeking the financial means for the acquisition, the reports said, which will be for a controlling stake.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research