AUSTRALIA: Oatleys increase Southcorp control as Oz consolidation continues
The $A1.5 billion ($US750m) deal by which Australian wine producer Southcorp acquired the Rosemount group is swiftly resulting in dominance by Rosemount's previous owners, the Oatley family. The announcement that the former head of Rosemount, Keith Lambert, will replace Tom Park as Southcorp chief executive was followed by reports that the Oatleys have increased their shareholding to 16% - from the initial 13% as part of the deal which also limited them to 19.9% for two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO