AUSTRALIA: Oatleys increase Southcorp control as Oz consolidation continues
The $A1.5 billion ($US750m) deal by which Australian wine producer Southcorp acquired the Rosemount group is swiftly resulting in dominance by Rosemount's previous owners, the Oatley family. The announcement that the former head of Rosemount, Keith Lambert, will replace Tom Park as Southcorp chief executive was followed by reports that the Oatleys have increased their shareholding to 16% - from the initial 13% as part of the deal which also limited them to 19.9% for two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down