AUSTRALIA: Oatleys increase Southcorp control as Oz consolidation continues
The $A1.5 billion ($US750m) deal by which Australian wine producer Southcorp acquired the Rosemount group is swiftly resulting in dominance by Rosemount's previous owners, the Oatley family. The announcement that the former head of Rosemount, Keith Lambert, will replace Tom Park as Southcorp chief executive was followed by reports that the Oatleys have increased their shareholding to 16% - from the initial 13% as part of the deal which also limited them to 19.9% for two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO