AUSTRALIA: Oatley wines to launch in US
Oatley wines is moving into the US market, announcing the shipment of 300,000 bottles under the Robert Oatley Vineyards label to the country this month.
Deputy executive chairman Chris Hancock said Australian sales of the company's brands, which include the Wild Oats, Robert Oatley and Montrose labels, had exceeded expectations since their launch in 2006.
"Now the next stage is to make our mark in the States," he said.
"Some people may question our timing, what with the value of the dollar and the slowdown of Australian wine exports to the US, however it's precisely these distractions that can provide us with opportunities we seek.''
The wines will retail for around US$20 and include Chardonnay, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and a Rosé.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head