US: O-I releases its lightest wine bottle
Glass container manufacturer O-I has launched its lightest North American wine bottle.
The Ohio-based company said yesterday (11 May) that the 750ml bottle weighs 11.6oz, 27% lighter than similar bottles.
At the same time, O-I has lined up the release of a 13oz 750ml claret bottle, which will be available to customers on the east coast of the US.
The two line additions are part of the O-I 'Lean+Green' initiative, which is available in Champagne Green, Flint, Emerald Green and Dead Leaf Green colours.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group