NEW ZEALAND: NZWF to acquire Goldwater Estate
The New Zealand Wine Fund has acquired the wine company Goldwater Estate for more than $10m.
According to a report by the New Zealand Press Association, Goldwater owners, Kim and Jeanette Goldwater, will receive a third of the payment in cash and the remainder in NZWF shares.The deal is expected to be completed in April.
In addition, Mr Goldwater is to join the board of the New Zealand Wine Fund. However, he will no longer be involved directly in running the business.
The NZWF also owns the Marlborough winery Vavasour Wines. Annual sales of the two wine businesses combined are expected to top 220,000 cases within the next two to three years.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review