NEW ZEALAND: NZ exports soar in quantity and value
Exports of New Zealand wine jumped 15% to 19.2m litres in 1999-2000, their value increasing by 35% to $NZ168.6m with the average price a litre reaching $NZ8.80, a 16.7% increase.The UK remained the main market, taking10.5m litres (55%) worth $NZ84.7m, with the US share increasing 68% to 2.4m litres worth $NZ26.5m - just edging Australia whose share dropped from 14% to 13% - 2.4m litres worth $23.9m.White wines made up 77% of exports and reds 12% with exports of sparkling leaping 41% to a 9% share of the total.The Wine Institute of New Zealand's annual report predicts that exports will double by 2005 when they will total 50% of all sales which, in 1999-2000 were a record 59.2m litres, a 7.6% increase.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research