NEW ZEALAND: NZ exports soar in quantity and value
Exports of New Zealand wine jumped 15% to 19.2m litres in 1999-2000, their value increasing by 35% to $NZ168.6m with the average price a litre reaching $NZ8.80, a 16.7% increase.The UK remained the main market, taking10.5m litres (55%) worth $NZ84.7m, with the US share increasing 68% to 2.4m litres worth $NZ26.5m - just edging Australia whose share dropped from 14% to 13% - 2.4m litres worth $23.9m.White wines made up 77% of exports and reds 12% with exports of sparkling leaping 41% to a 9% share of the total.The Wine Institute of New Zealand's annual report predicts that exports will double by 2005 when they will total 50% of all sales which, in 1999-2000 were a record 59.2m litres, a 7.6% increase.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report