USA: NYTimes.com To Create New Food & Wine Vertical
The site will marry the content of WineToday.com, featuring news, information, reviews and a host of multimedia tools devoted to wine, with the columns and feature stories on all things culinary from NYTimes.com. In addition, content from other New York Times Digital sites, including the more than 2,500 restaurant reviews and 1,000 recipes currently available through NYToday.com and the special cooking features exclusive to The Times on the Web, will also be included.
"As the online medium continues to evolve, we are constantly seeking ways to improve how we present our wide array of quality material," said Richard Meislin, editor-in-chief of New York Times Digital. "It seemed only natural to dedicate special attention to this subject of universal interest - what we eat and drink each day. Food and wine could not be more complementary, and combining our offerings on each into a single destination makes a lot of sense."
He continued: "Through much hard work and innovation over the past two years, WineToday.com has become a destination for wine lovers around the globe. Bringing it under the NYTimes.com umbrella and coupling it with our comprehensive food coverage will provide readers with an even richer experience in the food and wine area."
Content contained in the new food and wine vertical will be enhanced by online shopping opportunities and the ability for users to ask questions, get answers and share their knowledge of food and wine with one another through Abuzz.
New York Times Digital, a division of The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT), provides news, information and interaction through its own Web sites as well as affiliate partners. NYTD's family of sites includes NYTimes.com, Boston.com, NYToday.com, WineToday.com, GolfDigest.com and Abuzz, which develops sophisticated community and knowledge-sharing applications for use on the Internet.
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research