UK: Nyetimber extends exports to Denmark
Nyetimber now has two export markets
English winemaker Nyetimber is to launch in Denmark months after Japan became its first overseas market.
Nyetimber said today (28 August) it has appointed Philipson Wine as its exclusive Danish distributor. The deal, which starts on Sunday, follows April's distribution agreement with Tokyo-based premium wine distributor Enoteca.
Philipson Wine owner, Christian Philipson, said he has admired the increase in quality of England’s best sparkling wine over the past few years. “I am looking forward to introducing Nyetimber to the finest restaurants and wine lovers in Denmark,” Philipson said.
The official Danish launch of Nyetimber will take place in Copenhagen on 5 September.
Last year, Nyetimber said it would not use the 2012 harvest because the grapes were badly affected by poor weather.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets