UK: Nyetimber appoints ex Heidsieck exec as PR manager
Nyetimber has appointed a marketing & communications manager, who joins from Piper-Heidsieck & Charles Heidsieck.
Christian Holthausen started in the newly-created role for the West Sussex-based English sparkling wine company last week, a company spokesperson said. Prior to this, Holthausen spent nearly seven years as international house communications director at Champagne houses Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck.
Nyetimber CEO Eric Heerema said: “The creation of this new role is consistent with our strategy to continue to build an outstanding team and expand Nyetimber’s recognition for quality in the UK and abroad.”
Last year, the owner of Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck, Remy Cointreau, sold the brands to France's Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles for EUR412.2m (US$593.6m).
Ever since Remy Cointreau put up the best part of US$90m for independent Islay distiller Bruichladdich last year, the Scotch industry has been wondering who's next in line for acquisition....
Loch Lomond Distillers has remained silent over speculation it is about to swallowed up in a private investor takeover. ...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk