US: NY Times ad calls for French boycott
Wines and spirits figure prominently on a list of 100 French goods which a recent ad in the New York Times urges Americans to boycott because of France's stance in Iraq. The ad was entitled "Boycott France !" and carried a photo of French president Jacques Chirac. It singled out renowned French and French-owned brands such as Moet, Bollinger, Dom Perignon, Veuve Clicqoit, Jacobs Creek, Wild Turkey (both Pernod Ricard), Evian, Martel Cognac, Hennessy, Jameson, Glenlivet and Chivas Regal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015