US: NY Times ad calls for French boycott
Wines and spirits figure prominently on a list of 100 French goods which a recent ad in the New York Times urges Americans to boycott because of France's stance in Iraq. The ad was entitled "Boycott France !" and carried a photo of French president Jacques Chirac. It singled out renowned French and French-owned brands such as Moet, Bollinger, Dom Perignon, Veuve Clicqoit, Jacobs Creek, Wild Turkey (both Pernod Ricard), Evian, Martel Cognac, Hennessy, Jameson, Glenlivet and Chivas Regal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research