INDIA: NV Group to launch Sobieski vodka in 2011
India's NV Group prepares to launch Belvedere's Sobieski vodka
A subsidiary of India's NV Group, NV Distilleries & Breweries, is to launch Belvedere's Sobieski vodka in India in April 2011, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
The Polish vodka will be distilled under licence at Ambala, Haryana, one of NV Group's five distilleries, the group told just-drinks yesterday (21 December).
NV Group's chairman, Ashok Jain, said: “We want to offer a global vodka brand, one of the world’s top ten, at an affordable price to the Indian consumer.” India’s vodka market is around 7m cases per year, growing at 18%-20% annually.
Western India (including Mumbai) and other major cities (such as New Delhi and Chennai) have most demand for vodka in India. “Consumption is increasing in tier one and two cities,” said NV's marketing manager, Gaurav Prakash.
Pernod Ricard's major brands have been absent from shelves at major French retailer E Leclerc for the last three months, amid a price dispute between the two companies....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US