US: Nuvo liqueur brand up for sale
Nuvo was launched in 2007
French liqueur brand Nuvo - majority-owned by Diageo until last month - has been placed on the market.
A source at the brand's owners London Group, previously a joint venture between Diageo and entrepreneur Raphael Yakoby, confirmed to just-drinks today (10 July) that the six year-old brand is for sale. Investment bank Holihan Lokey has been hired to handle the sale, in a deal that could fetch US$50m, according to Reuters.
Diageo made a minority – and unspecified – investment to launch Nuvo, a blend of vodka, sparkling wine, and fruit nectar, in the US in April 2007. The drinks giant upped its stake in London Group to around 70% in 2010.
However, the brand, whose majority of sales are in North America, is now back in the control of Yakoby. A Diageo spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today that it "returned its ownership stake to The London Group and Rafael Yakoby last month".
A lemon sorbet variant of Novo was launched in November 2011.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research