US: Nuvo liqueur brand up for sale
Nuvo was launched in 2007
French liqueur brand Nuvo - majority-owned by Diageo until last month - has been placed on the market.
A source at the brand's owners London Group, previously a joint venture between Diageo and entrepreneur Raphael Yakoby, confirmed to just-drinks today (10 July) that the six year-old brand is for sale. Investment bank Holihan Lokey has been hired to handle the sale, in a deal that could fetch US$50m, according to Reuters.
Diageo made a minority – and unspecified – investment to launch Nuvo, a blend of vodka, sparkling wine, and fruit nectar, in the US in April 2007. The drinks giant upped its stake in London Group to around 70% in 2010.
However, the brand, whose majority of sales are in North America, is now back in the control of Yakoby. A Diageo spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today that it "returned its ownership stake to The London Group and Rafael Yakoby last month".
A lemon sorbet variant of Novo was launched in November 2011.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts