Exclusive - US: Nuvo is doing well, but time to move on - owner
Nuvo is on the market
The owner of French liqueur brand Nuvo says it is “doing well”, but he is selling it to focus on other new products.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (12 July), entrepreneur Raphael Yakoby, president of Novo's owners London Group, said “several” companies were interested in the brand, a blend of vodka, sparkling wine, and fruit nectar, and “teasers” have been sent out. It emerged this week that Nuvo is on the market.
“The brand is very healthy and is doing very well,” he said.
Asked why he was selling Nuvo, Yakoby said: “This is what I do, as an entrepreneur. I've had it for a few years now and we don't have the infrastrucutre in place to expand the brand.”
Yakoby said no price had been set for Nuvo, but it will go to the highest bidder.
Yakoby said he has other brands he is working on, notably Birthday Cake wines. The entrepreneur has set up Birthday Cake Vineyards, with his industry friend David Kanbar, who helped launch Skinnygirl.
Yakoby claimed Birthday Cake is “the world's first confectionary wine”, with its two variants Cheesecake and Black Forest Cake. The brand was given a “limited” launch around three months ago, with plans to roll it out in the US in future, Yakoby said.
The entreprenuer first came to prominence around ten years ago with the launch of French liqueur brand Hpnotiq, which he sold for a reported US$30m to Heaven Hill Distilleries.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Newcastle Brown Ale to lose caramel colouring
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages