Product Launch - AUS: Nudie's Nudie & Soda
The range contains 50% fruit juice
Nudie's Nudie & Soda
Category - Soft drinks, carbonated
Available - From this month
Location - Australia, “selected cafés and corner stores"
Price - SRP of AUD3 (US$2.80)
Australian juice company Nudie has launched a new range of carbonated soft drinks made with fruit juice.
The Nudie & Soda brand is targeted at consumers who “feel guilty about drinking soft drinks because of added sugar, preservatives, colours and artificial flavours”, the company said. Nudie & Soda is 50% fruit, 48% water and 1-2% added sugar and flavours.
Nudie & Soda's five flavours are:
- Apple & More Apple
- Apple, Lemon & Ginger
- Apple, Cucumber & Kiwifruit
- Coconut Water, Apple, Raspberry & Cranberry
- Orange, Mango & Passion Fruit
In December, Nudie launched Wonder Winnie, a stevia-sweetened range “water-based quencher” targeted at consumers looking for low-calorie beverages.
nudie changes soft drinks for good
nudie, the iconic Australian owned beverage company, is excited to launch nudie & soda. The range is the first of its kind in Australia and is made with 50% real fruit juice (not from concentrate).
Australians consume 1.3 billion litres of soft drink per year in grocery alone, yet the category is growing very slowly (1.1% growth).1 New research shows that despite 86% of Australians consuming soft drinks, 75% admit that they feel guilty about it (that’s more than 14 million Australians)! 2
The main reasons peole are feeling guilty about drinking soft drinks is because of added sugar, preservatives, colours, artificial flavours and the belief that they don’t add any nutritional value to their diet. nudie & soda contains no preservatives, colours, artificial flavours or other nasties commonly found in soft drinks such as sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate and phosphoric acid. It is made using 50% real fruit, 48% water and 1-2% added sugar (v/v) and natural flavours. James Ajaka, nudie’s CEO, said:"At nudie, we have always aimed to create good in the juice category. Recently we’ve explored other categories where, we think,
consumers could get a better deal, soft drinks being one of them. We want people to be able to enjoy a soft drink without feeling guilty. We know they are feeling guilty about the amount of added sugar and unnatural ingredients in some soft drinks. We think nudie & soda ticks all the right boxes!”nudie & soda comes in five deliciously refreshing flavour combinations, with four of these, each containing one serve of fruit3:
• apple & more apple
• apple, lemon & ginger
• apple, cucumber & kiwifruit
• coconut water, apple, raspberry & cranberry
• orange, mango & passionfruit
The range is now available from selected cafes and corner stores at an RRP of $3.00 per unit.
Original source: Company Release
Nudie Pty Ltd in Soft Drinks (Australia)
Nudie will look to utilise its reputation for natural, pure and free from preservative products to launch new offerings that resonate well with health-conscious consumers, to attract new shoppers to t...read more
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review