Correction - EUROPE: Norway MD retirement prompts Pernod Ricard exec changes
The head of Pernod Ricard Nordic retired earlier this summer
The head of Pernod Ricard's operations in Norway has retired.
Erik Amundsen, who holds the position of managing director of Pernod's Norway operations, has stepped down from the position. Amundsen has been replaced by the marketing director for the Ricard brand, Michael Merolli.
Having joined Pernod in 1999 as brand director for Ricard, Merolli moved to Brazil to become marketing director for the country in 2003. He returned to Ricard in 2007. In his new role, he will report in to Fabrice Audan, MD of Pernod Ricard Nordic.
Moving to replace Merolli is Sophie Gallois. The marketing director of Pernod Ricard Spain, Gallois will now report in to Philippe Savinel, the chairman & CEO of Ricard. She has been with the group since 1993.
Finally, Paco Recuero is heading to Spain to replace Gallois as marketing director for the country. After joining Pernod in Spain in 2004, Recuero has been brand director for the group's gin brands in the Chivas Brothers unit since 2011. He will report in to the MD of Pernod Ricard Iberia, Eric Laborde.
The changes took effect on 1 July, Pernod confirmed today (25 September).
Correction - In yesterday's story, we reported that Fabrice Audan, MD of Pernod Ricard Nordic, is retiring from Pernod Ricard. That is not the case. We apologise to Mr Audan for any confusion caused.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Spain to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Spirits consumption trends in Spain, historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, brand share, alcoholic strength, price se...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research