Correction - EUROPE: Norway MD retirement prompts Pernod Ricard exec changes
The head of Pernod Ricard Nordic retired earlier this summer
The head of Pernod Ricard's operations in Norway has retired.
Erik Amundsen, who holds the position of managing director of Pernod's Norway operations, has stepped down from the position. Amundsen has been replaced by the marketing director for the Ricard brand, Michael Merolli.
Having joined Pernod in 1999 as brand director for Ricard, Merolli moved to Brazil to become marketing director for the country in 2003. He returned to Ricard in 2007. In his new role, he will report in to Fabrice Audan, MD of Pernod Ricard Nordic.
Moving to replace Merolli is Sophie Gallois. The marketing director of Pernod Ricard Spain, Gallois will now report in to Philippe Savinel, the chairman & CEO of Ricard. She has been with the group since 1993.
Finally, Paco Recuero is heading to Spain to replace Gallois as marketing director for the country. After joining Pernod in Spain in 2004, Recuero has been brand director for the group's gin brands in the Chivas Brothers unit since 2011. He will report in to the MD of Pernod Ricard Iberia, Eric Laborde.
The changes took effect on 1 July, Pernod confirmed today (25 September).
Correction - In yesterday's story, we reported that Fabrice Audan, MD of Pernod Ricard Nordic, is retiring from Pernod Ricard. That is not the case. We apologise to Mr Audan for any confusion caused.
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of a bond that will net the company EUR850m (US$1.18bn)....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research