SWITZERLAND: North America buoys Nestlé Waters
Sales in North America have driven rising first-half revenues at Nestlé Waters, its parent company reported today (23 August).
The company's owner, consumer goods giant Nestlé, said revenues from its entire beverages division, which also includes soluble coffee and powdered beverages, rose 8.1% to CHF12.6bn (US$10.2bn).
"Sales were particularly strong in North America where Nestlé Waters once again grew double-digit," Nestlé said.
Profit margins also rose at Nestlé Waters, Nestlé added. "Lower PET costs in the US contributed to this result, as did the strong organic growth and efficiencies in North America and in Europe."
The company has also been busy expanding into emerging markets in the last six months. Earlier this month, Nestlé Waters announced the merger of its operations in Turkey with local bottled water group Erikli. In July, it emerged that the company was looking to build a plant to produce bottled water in Russia's Leningrad region.
Nestlé's group net profit rose 11.4% to CHF4.1bn on the back of a 11% rise in sales to CHF47.1bn
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
On-shelf impact, convenience, shelf-life, brand loyalty and increasingly environmental credentials all factor into the packaging choice for soft drinks brands. Moreover, writes Annette Farr, when it c...
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Arrowhead Water has promoted its sales and marketing director to the roles of president and CEO....
UK soft drinks company Britvic is set to bolster its presence in the country's fast-growing juice category with the launch of two pure juice products. Britvic, whose portfolio includes Tango and Robin...
Arrowhead Water has hauled back its losses in its fiscal year....
The UK soft drinks industry has hit back at a report that claims that bottled water products on sale in the country could harm the environment and the health of consumers....
Nestlé Waters has sold bottled water operations in Spain and Portugal as it looks to focus on a smaller number of key brands in Europe....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report