AUSTRALIA: Norman Wines warns of late payment
A spokesperson for the company said: "Norman Wines is paying its growers and expects to have all July payments made in full during the course of the month and early August."
According to a report by Business Intelligence, Norman Wines made a loss of A$10.3m in the first half of 2000-2001 with debts of A$45m (US$22.9m). The company is also trying to free up around A$25m in cash, according to the report through its winery sale in Riverland.
The Norman Wines merger deal with Xanadu Wines is due to be finalised on 13th July.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo director steps down over health issue