AUSTRALIA: Norman Wines warns of late payment
A spokesperson for the company said: "Norman Wines is paying its growers and expects to have all July payments made in full during the course of the month and early August."
According to a report by Business Intelligence, Norman Wines made a loss of A$10.3m in the first half of 2000-2001 with debts of A$45m (US$22.9m). The company is also trying to free up around A$25m in cash, according to the report through its winery sale in Riverland.
The Norman Wines merger deal with Xanadu Wines is due to be finalised on 13th July.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites