US: Nooyi elected to PepsiCo chairman role
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has been elected to the additional position of chairman, the US-based soft drinks giant said today (5 February).
Nooyi, who took the CEO role in October, will assume the job as chairman on 2 May when executive chairman Steve Reinemund retires.
"PepsiCo is on a sound strategic course with solid momentum thanks to Steve's leadership," said Nooyi, who added that she is "incredibly honoured" to have been elected to both positions.
Reinemund, who has worked at PepsiCo for 23 years, became chairman and CEO in 2001. He announced last August that he plans to leave the company for family reasons.
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
Quilmes Industrial has revealed a small drop in the number of shares in the company....
Three North American Pepsi-Cola bottlers have laid out plans to become greener companies....
The man hailed by PepsiCo as the father of the 'Pepsi Generation' and the creative mind behind Pepsi's advertising for the past 50 years has died....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa), the Luxembourg-based subsidiary of South American drinks combine AmBev, has said the filing of its 20-F form for 2006 will be delayed....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research