US: Nooyi elected to PepsiCo chairman role
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has been elected to the additional position of chairman, the US-based soft drinks giant said today (5 February).
Nooyi, who took the CEO role in October, will assume the job as chairman on 2 May when executive chairman Steve Reinemund retires.
"PepsiCo is on a sound strategic course with solid momentum thanks to Steve's leadership," said Nooyi, who added that she is "incredibly honoured" to have been elected to both positions.
Reinemund, who has worked at PepsiCo for 23 years, became chairman and CEO in 2001. He announced last August that he plans to leave the company for family reasons.
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
Quilmes Industrial has revealed a small drop in the number of shares in the company....
Three North American Pepsi-Cola bottlers have laid out plans to become greener companies....
The man hailed by PepsiCo as the father of the 'Pepsi Generation' and the creative mind behind Pepsi's advertising for the past 50 years has died....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa), the Luxembourg-based subsidiary of South American drinks combine AmBev, has said the filing of its 20-F form for 2006 will be delayed....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future