US: Non-alcoholic red wine launches in US
Embodi, a non-alcoholic beverage that provides the health benefits of red wine without the alcohol, is launching in the US.
It will be available in three flavours; Citrus Resurgence (citrus fruits), Tropical Revival (goji berry and pomegranate), and Berry Renewal (blueberry and pomegranate).
An organic fruit juice blend, Embodi is developed from grape pomace extract and provides the full spectrum of red wine's antioxidants without the side effects of alcohol, the company said today (30 July).
"Embodi is combined with our red wine grape extract, which provides the health benefits of two glasses of red wine, without the alcohol," said Dan Waters, CEO of Embodi. "Embodi makes a daily regimen of red wine's powerful antioxidants available to millions of people who do not, or cannot, drink red wine."
Embodi is manufactured in the US and packaged in re-sealable 8oz aluminium bottles. It has a suggested retail price of US$2.49.
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
A 13% decline in Burgundy wine exports for the first ten months of 2008 was less severe than expected, but problems are growing in the US and UK, regional wine trade body BIVB has said....
The British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) has today (22 January) written a letter to Home Secretary Jacqui Smith over Government plans for restrictions on how pubs sell alcohol....
Scottish brewer BrewDog has had its Speedball beer brand pulled from UK shelves following a complaint about the product's intimated link to drugs....
InBev UK has said it will increase beer prices in the UK in order to absorb rising costs and offset tough market conditions....
Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings may take a 43% stake in San Miguel Brewery, after agreeing to enter exclusive negotiations with the firm's parent, San Miguel Corp....
Diageo has countered an attack by Australia's Health Minister on the company's Smirnoff Platinum RTD brand....
Pubs are closing at a faster rate than previously thought in the UK, as the on-trade beer sector suffers from tax rises and the economic downturn, the British Beer and Pub Association has warned....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends