USA: Research - US coffee: no wonder Starbucks is doing well
Starbucks' revenues were up 18% for the five-week period ended September 30, demonstrating once more that the American coffee chain is making a splash across the globe. But it won't make the amount of money per customer that it does in the US. On average, each American drinks over 100 litres of coffee on the go each year. No other country studied comes close to reaching this level. The next heaviest on-the-go drinkers are people from the UK and Sweden, but at just 73 and 70 litres per capita consumption respectively, they are still far behind.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk