UK: No starring role for Ferry in new Carlsberg ad
Rock legend Bryan Ferry is to appear in the latest TV advert for Carlsberg in the UK, but the ad puts the Roxy Music frontman in a supporting role to three ordinary lads.
The new execution, which aired last Friday (7 Sept) during the opening ceremony of the Rugby World Cup, features three ordinary guys being treated like rock stars and ending up singing in front of a packed stadium, with the tagline "Carlsberg don't do karaoke nights, but if they did, they'd probably be the best karaoke nights in the world".
As they make their way to the stage, they bump into Bryan Ferry and sign autographs for him before Ferry returns to his dressing room, marked "Support Act".
The ad forms part of Carlsberg's GBP13m (US$26.4m) media spend for 2007, which is being coordinated by the agency OMD.
"Karaoke is another brilliant advert in the 'World According to Carlsberg" campaign and we are sure that it will be a hit with lager drinkers across the country," said Carlsberg UK marketing director Darran Britton. "Not many adverts can boast 25,000 extras and a music legend such as Bryan Ferry."
The ad, which was produced by Saatchi and Saatchi, will be seen across all ITV networks, Channel 4, Channel 5 and satellite channels in the country.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle by joint bidders Heineken and Carlsberg has raised anti-trust issue concerns following a referral from the Irish Competition Authority to the European ...
Heineken's deadline for its proposed acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle assets has been extended by the European Commission....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has been given full clearance to proceed with the construction of its first brewery in Vietnam, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on claims that it is the latest brewer to consider scuppering Carlsberg and Heineken's move for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg and Heineken have ended a nerve-wracked week by noting the issuance of the scheme document for their acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has been moved to issue a statement following speculation that it may tender a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report