NEW ZEALAND: No Montana enquiry decision until May
The enquiry into the takeover of New Zealand's leading winemaker Montana by Lion Nathan will not reach an end until May, according to a Montana spokesman. It is thought the most likely date is somewhere between May 21st and 24th, a report by Dow Jones said today. Lion Nathan won a bidding war with the UK's Allied Domecq to gain control of Montana back in February. However both Montana executives and Allied Domecq complained that Lion had broken stock exchange listing rules and Montana's constitution in the takeover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch