COLOMBIA: No imminent move for Bavaria
One of the largest shareholders in the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, has said in a letter to the Colombian securities regulatory authority that no formal offer to acquire or merge the company has been received. However, the shareholder did say that a deal may be reached by the end of 2005.
"No offer has materialized," Panama's Energetic and Financial Investment said. "We hope that before the end of the year we will complete an operation in relation to our investment." The letter appeared on the regulator's website.
The regulator requested that Bavaria's major shareholder respond to media reports that SABMiller was planning to table a bid to acquire Bavaria in the very near future.
Energetic and Financial Investment said it was currently in talks with several international brewers and was studying several different options which "may turn up attractive for them and for us."
Other companies known to be interested in Bavaria include Heineken and Scottish & Newcastle, with analysts valuing the company at between US$6 billion and US$9 billion.
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research