FRANCE: No end in sight in Leclerc, Pernod Ricard dispute
Drinks brands including Jameson, Malibu, Absolut and Clan Campbell have been absent from Leclerc stores since February. The only exception in the dispute is litre bottles of Ricard pastis, Pernod Ricard confirmed today (9 June).
“Leclerc is accustomed to conflicts with its suppliers but this year it’s gone on longer than at other times,” said the head of Pernod Ricard's Ricard business, Philippe Savinel. “We don’t see how Leclerc can’t accept the price increases when all its competitors have,” he said.
The drinks group said that Ricard has been used as a loss leader by the retailer and is only still available because the group obtained a 3% price increase on the brand.
Leclerc is in a similar dispute with French dairy group Lactalis.
China's Cognac market has plenty of room for growth and Pernod Ricard's Martell is set to continue to benefit more than its rivals, according to Sanford Bernstein analysts....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts