UK: No Diageo, AD, PR bid for Southcorp - report
Diageo, Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard are not expected to enter the race for Southcorp, according to reports. Citing sources close to the deal, Reuters said yesterday (17 January) that Diageo and AD have ruled out a bid for the Australian wine company, but may look at businesses sold off in a Foster's link-up.
Following yesterday's hostile bid by Foster's for Southcorp, Diageo and AD were considered as potential suitors as well as neither has a wine business in Australia yet. The sources told Reuters, however, that both are not now expected to make a counter bid.
"Diageo have looked at Southcorp before, and will prefer to look at smaller wine groups," one source told the news agency.
"Allied's primary interest will be what brands become available when the deal is done," the source added.
It is also unlikely that Pernod Ricard would lodge a counter bid as it already has Australian wine interests through its Jacob's Creek and Wyndham Estate brands, the sources added.
All three companies declined to comment to Reuters.
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Fortune Brands has started making moves to acquire in the European drinks industry, according to press reports....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research