SCANDINAVIA: Nigab creates Nordic Travel Retail role
Scandinavian wine and spirits supplier Nigab has appointed a former executive at United Wineries to head up its Nordic Travel Retail unit.
The firm, which operates out of Stockholm and Gothenburg, said yesterday (31 August) that Kristoffer Pipusch will become manager of Nordic Duty Free/Travel Retail from today. At United Wineries, Pipusch had been responsible for Torres’ Travel Retail activities in Scandinavia.
The appointment marks an expansion of Nigab's travel retail coverage.
“Our DF/TR business has grown significantly in the last two years with new assignments including Treasury Wine Estates (formerly Foster's wine unit), Matusalem rum and Glen Grant whisky,” said Nigab's managing director, Christian Jolinder. “We also see continued growth being possible.”
Pipusch will report in to Nigab's Travel Retail director, Göran Lindberg.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research