US: Nicotine drink available at LA airport
A nicotine replacement drink is on sale at Los Angeles International Airport to help reduce smokers' withdrawal anxieties as they await their flights.
Called NIC Lite, the beverage comes in 8oz bottles containing 4mg - about two cigarettes' worth - of purified nicotine infused with water and lemon flavourings.
Customers are also being encouraged to purchase the drink for in-flight consumption.
The company NIC Time has plans to roll out the drink, which has spent the last seven years in development, in more than 50 airports across the US and other locations where smoking is banned.
NIC Lite has been classified as a dietary supplement by the FDA.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch