UK: Nicolas Feuillatte launches taxi-driven ad push
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte is launching a taxi-based advertising campaign in the UK.
The Champagne brand said yesterday (20 November) that it is following its first taxi campaign in 2004 with a one-month push in London and, for the first time, in Manchester.
The promotion will use a giant Champagne 'coupe', which is a Champagne saucer, and the tag line "Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte - Epernay - New York - Beyond" to raise awareness of the brand in the run-up to the festive season.
For one month, 400 London taxis and 100 Manchester taxis will carry the new Nicolas Feuillatte campaign in their respective cities. The new Champagne 'coupe' visual will be displayed on supersides, tip seats and taxi receipts. Financial details were not disclosed.
"While most Champagne brands keep to traditional glossy magazines campaigns, Nicolas Feuillatte prefers the informality and flexibility of a taxi campaign," the company said. "It has the advantage of taking the campaign message directly to consumers at a crucial time when they are out shopping or going out to restaurants. An added bonus is the key role played by taxi drivers who become Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte brand ambassadors during the campaign."
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte is currently the fourth largest selling Champagne in the UK, having sold over 1m bottles last year.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends