UK: Nick Mantella appointed MD at Grupo Codorníu UK
Grupo Codorníu has announced a change of managing director at its UK unit.
The Spanish wine producer said today (6 August) that Nick Mantella will assume the mantle following the retirement of previous MD, Bill Breen. Mantella, who has been with the company for eight years, originally joined Codorníu UK as sales manager when it was set up by Breen in 2002.
Prior to this, he was at Southcorp/Rosemount for three years, where he was responsible for on-trade and agency business. He also spent 15 years at Oddbins.
Mantella will be responsible for sales and marketing in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, and will be charged with developing the company’s agency business.
“My aim is to consolidate Codorníu's position as the UK's number one sparkling wine brand,” Mantella said. “I will also be concentrating on continuing to grow the wine business with the Viña Pomal and Raimat brands and the group's portfolio of wines from key Spanish wine growing regions.”
Bill Breen announced his plans to retire in June, after eight years as MD. His next role will be as chairman of the UK wine and spirit trade charity, The Benevolent.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages