UK: Nichols to relaunch Vimto
UK soft drinks group Nichols is to relaunch its Vimto brand with the help of a GBP5m (US$7.86m) marketing campaign.
The relaunch, built around the brand's fruit taste, will be spearheaded by a national TV campaign, the company said today (21 May). Ads will use the strap-line "Seriously Mixed Up Fruit".
The campaign launches on 4 June and follows consumer research by the company to help reposition the Vimto brand and increase its relevance to key groups, with teenagers providing the biggest opportunity for growth, Nichols said.
Emma Hunt, senior brand manager at Vimto, said: "This campaign will engage a new teen audience for Vimto and we're really excited about unlocking this potential for the brand. The idea of "Seriously Mixed Up Fruit" is based on a core product truth and very much in tune with the audience.
"It has enabled us to explore a whole host of new creative and media opportunities, whilst building on the core brand strengths that have helped us to grow three times faster than the market."
Nichols yesterday reported a "strong" start to the year, driven by sales of its flagship Vimto brand.
John Nichols, group non-executive chairman, said that Vimto sales increased 11.8% in the 12 weeks to 18 April 2009.
UK drinks group Halewood International is to enter the gin market after signing a strategic alliance to sell and market Whitley Neill Gin....
The head of Pernod Ricard in the UK, Jean-Manuel Spriet, has told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the countr...
French drinks group Marnier-Lapostolle has unveiled a limited edition Grand Marnier for the Christmas season....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers