UK: Nichols to give Sunkist UK bottle boost
Click through to see the new-sized versions of Sunkist for the UK
Nichols is set to roll out larger bottled versions of two Sunkist flavour variants in the UK.
The soft drinks company, which holds the licence for the Sunkist Growers Inc-owned brand in the UK, confirmed yesterday (12 April) that it has lined up fully sleeved 50cl bottles of orange and summer fruits flavours of Sunkist. The new bottles will be available exclusively for the impulse channel of the UK off-trade from the beginning of May.
Orange is Sunkist’s biggest seller globally, while summer fruits is its second biggest seller in the UK.
In addition to the new 50cl bottles, which should retail at around GBP0.79 (US$1.30) each, the Sunkist portfolio also includes 33cl cans and a 2-litre bottle for the orange variant.
Just over a year ago, Nichols relaunched the Sunkist brand in the UK with a new logo, a packaging redesign and the introduction of new flavours to the brand's portfolio.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends