UK: Nichols to give Sunkist UK bottle boost
Click through to see the new-sized versions of Sunkist for the UK
Nichols is set to roll out larger bottled versions of two Sunkist flavour variants in the UK.
The soft drinks company, which holds the licence for the Sunkist Growers Inc-owned brand in the UK, confirmed yesterday (12 April) that it has lined up fully sleeved 50cl bottles of orange and summer fruits flavours of Sunkist. The new bottles will be available exclusively for the impulse channel of the UK off-trade from the beginning of May.
Orange is Sunkist’s biggest seller globally, while summer fruits is its second biggest seller in the UK.
In addition to the new 50cl bottles, which should retail at around GBP0.79 (US$1.30) each, the Sunkist portfolio also includes 33cl cans and a 2-litre bottle for the orange variant.
Just over a year ago, Nichols relaunched the Sunkist brand in the UK with a new logo, a packaging redesign and the introduction of new flavours to the brand's portfolio.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research