US: Nichols to appoint finance director, says trading in-line
Nichols, the soft drinks group, is expected to announce the appointment of Taylor Purkis to the position of group financial director at the group's AGM later today (15 May).
Purki, a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, is currently finance director of the European operations of Energizer Inc., a global, branded consumer goods company.
Prior to this position, Purki held various international finance director roles with SSL Healthcare, based primarily in Europe and America.
Taylor is expected to join the business mid July.
The company said his international background and FMCG experience will be a "valuable addition to the current executive team."
"The first 17 weeks trading in 2008 have been in line with our budget expectations and slightly ahead of the same period last year, despite strong comparatives for April 2007, which was the sunniest month of the whole year. At this early stage we are pleased with progress year to date and are on track to deliver further progress in the full year," the company said in a statement.
Britvic has launched Pepsi Raw, the natural Cola drink, in the UK off-trade, following a succesful roll out across pubs and bars....
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin division of Pernod Ricard, has launched Beefeater 24, a super premium extension to its Beefeater gin brand....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends