UK: Nichols relaunches Sunkist
The new Sunkist logo
Nichols is to relaunch the Sunkist soft drink in the UK with a new logo, a packaging redesign and an extension of the portfolio through the introduction of new flavours.
The company said that the move is partly being made to position SunKist in the fruit carbonates sector rather than simply as an orange carbonate brand.
The logo on Sunkist, which is licensed and distributed by Vimto owner Nichols in the UK, will link the drink to it Californian roots.
Summer Fruits, Orange & Passion Fruit and Lemon & Lime flavours, which, the company said, have been top selling flavours in the still and dilutes categories, will be introduced to the existing portfolio of Orange, Lemon and Tropical.
The expanded portfolio will be available in wholesale nationwide from May.
Brand manager for Sunkist, James Nichols, said: "In its existing format, Sunkist is currently in overall growth, particularly in the independents with a growth of 91.8%, and we are confident of further growth with the introduction of these new flavours and packaging.
"The new flavours were chosen by looking at popular choices in other categories. For instance, Summer Fruits is a top selling flavour for big brands' cordials and RTDs but there is no fizzy variant currently available."
Nichols yesterday (24 March) reported strong sales and profits rises for 2009, lead by flagship brand Vimto.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team