UK: Nichols readies Weight Watchers soft drinks launch
Nichols' Weight Watchers soft drinks range will be targeted at females aged 35 years plus
Nichols has been awarded exclusive rights to produce a range of soft drinks under the Weight Watchers' brand in the UK and Ireland.
The range, which is expected to launch in January, will include cordials and fruit juice products, the UK soft drinks producer said today (14 November). The deal is initially for five years with an option to extend, depending on performance.
Three cordials will be launched in a 1-litre PET format, including Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower, Italian Red Grape & Pomegranate and Chilean Plum & Raspberry. The juice range will launch in 50cl and 33cl RTD variants of Italian Red Grape & Raspberry and Brazilian Orange, Mango & Watermelon.
The range will be primarily targeted at females aged 35 years plus.
Nichols said the new range will mark the largest brand launch since Vimto, for the company.
Panmure Gordon & Co research analyst Damian McNeela, believes the brand should be capable of delivering incremental sales of between GBP4m (US$6.4m) and GBP7m in the first year.
"The Weight Watchers' brand is the UK's 14th largest grocery brand with annual sales of cGBP320m in 2010 and is the largest brand in the low calorie category," McNeela said.
"We view the addition of the brand as an excellent addition to Nichols' portfolio and by addressing an obvious gap in the Weight Watchers brand's offering, also provides Nichols with access to a new consumer base," he added.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report