UK: Nichols readies post-Christmas Weight Watchers blitz
Nichols hopes to target weight-loss resolution-makers in the UK
Nichols has lined up a post-Christmas marketing push for the Weight Watchers soft drinks portfolio in the UK.
The company, which produces the Weight Watchers-branded range under licence through its Vimto Soft Drinks division, said late last week that it will launch the consumer campaign in women's lifestyle press in the country next month. The activity will feature a GBP0.50 (US$0.80) money-off voucher for any product in the Weight Watchers offering.
Nichols will embark on a three-pronged effort for the brand next year, targeting the “key weight-loss periods in the calendar; New Year, the countdown to summer in May and the lead-up to the Christmas party dress season from October”.
Financial details behind the push were not disclosed.
“This next phase of investment will drive consumer trial of our 500ml RTD range, targeting weight-conscious shoppers ‘on the go’ during the lunchtime drinking occasion,” said Vimto Soft Drinks' marketing manager, Emma Hunt.
The range comprises three 50cl RTD fruit drinks - Brazilian Orange, Mango & Watermelon and Italian Red Grape & Raspberry - and three 1-litre PET Cordials - Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower; Italian Red Grape & Pomegranate; Chilean Plum & Raspberry.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research