IRELAND: Nichols expands Weight Watchers drinks rollout
Nichols launched its Weight Watchers range earlier this year
UK-based Nichols has extended the launch of its Weight Watchers soft drinks into Ireland.
The calorie-controlled range is now available in Dunnes, Londis and BWG in the Republic of Ireland, while the 50cl RTD fruit drinks are available in Hendersons and Musgrave’s in Northern Ireland. The drinks are also now available through the Impulse channel in the UK.
Nichols said the Weight Watchers line, which is handled by its Vimto Soft Drinks division, is the UK’s No. 1 brand within the GBP2.3bn (US$3.56) low-calorie category, with a total brand value of about GBP327m, according to Kantar Worldpanel Data in February.
“From extensive consumer research, we know that there is a definite gap in the market for low-calorie premium flavoured adult drinks,” said brand marketing manager Emma Hunt. “The range has been developed in direct response to this, and given the Weight Watchers brand is already a well-respected and global household name, we know that it will appeal to shoppers.”
Nichols said the Weight Watchers rollout is the company's biggest in its 103-year history.
In May, the company announced double-digit sales growth in the first four months of the year.
Travel Retail distributor World of Patria International has announced that one of its directors will leave the company at the end of this month. ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report