UK: Nichols ends takeover talks
UK soft drinks company Nichols has pulled out of its offer period and is no longer for sale.
The company, which owns the Vimto soft drinks brand, said today (14 September) that discussions in relation to a possible takeover have been terminated. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Nichols declined to give further details.
In March, a source close to the situation told just-drinks that a number of parties, including Irn-Bru maker AG Barr, were believed to be in talks with the Nichols family over a potential acquisition of Nichols. The source also said at the time that a number of private equity firms were interested in the company but that the Nichols family, which controls nearly 40% of the company, would be happy to retain ownership.
Separately, the company followed last month's first-half results announcement by saying that it is continuing to trade well this year. "The board remains confident in its ability to continue to deliver enhanced shareholder value in the future," Nichols said.
AG Barr has announced that its finance director and operations director will retire early in the next financial year, with their replacements having already been found....
A drink claiming to be the world's first active pre-tox drink has begun a listing in the UK....
AG Barr has reported that its full year trading results are all anticipated to be in line with expectations following its recent acquisition of Taut International....
AG Barr has confirmed the acquisition of two functional water brands in the UK....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends