UK: Nichols appoints Croston as finance chief
UK soft drinks group Nichols has appointed Tim Croston as its group finance director with effect from 1 January 2010.
Croston will fill the current vacancy left by Taylor Parkis who departed the company in August by "mutual consent with the board", the company told just-drinks today (20 November).
As finance and operations director of the firm's Vimto soft drinks division for the past two years, Croston was previously the Nichols Group financial controller. He joined the group four years ago from BSN Medical Limited.
John Nichols, non-executive chairman, said: "The board is absolutely delighted to announce Tim's appointment as group finance director. He has been a key member of the management team in our successful soft drinks division over the last two years, which grew its operating profits by nearly 16% last year".
The company posted a 28% increase in half-yearly sales in August, boosted by strong demand for the Vimto brand in the UK and abroad.
The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research