UK: Nichols appoints Croston as finance chief
UK soft drinks group Nichols has appointed Tim Croston as its group finance director with effect from 1 January 2010.
Croston will fill the current vacancy left by Taylor Parkis who departed the company in August by "mutual consent with the board", the company told just-drinks today (20 November).
As finance and operations director of the firm's Vimto soft drinks division for the past two years, Croston was previously the Nichols Group financial controller. He joined the group four years ago from BSN Medical Limited.
John Nichols, non-executive chairman, said: "The board is absolutely delighted to announce Tim's appointment as group finance director. He has been a key member of the management team in our successful soft drinks division over the last two years, which grew its operating profits by nearly 16% last year".
The company posted a 28% increase in half-yearly sales in August, boosted by strong demand for the Vimto brand in the UK and abroad.
The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020